About Friedman Legal
Friedman Legal focuses on commercial litigation, trucking law, mass tort and a variety of personal injury matters. While born in Southern California, Mr. Friedman has spent most of his life in South Florida. He obtained his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and his Bachelor of Arts from Barry University in Miami, Florida. While at Barry University, he was a member of Phi Sigma Tau, an international philosophy honor society.
During law school, Mr. Friedman served as the President of the Evening Law Students’ Association (ELSA) for two consecutive years. Mr. Friedman also achieved Dean’s list recognition for five semesters and was selected as a Florida Bar Public Service Fellow in Mediation. Additionally, Mr. Friedman received a Florida Bar Public Service grant in addition to obtaining a Pro Bono Gold Award for completing more than 400 hours of pro bono service. Prior to graduation, Mr. Friedman was selected by his peers to be their graduation commencement speaker.
Mr. Friedman also has a diverse range of experience in commercial and business-related matters. For several years he interned for the Economic Crimes Unit at the Florida Attorney General’s Office. While there, he worked on sensitive legal issues arising under Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (Fla. Stat. Ch. 501) including: general consumer protection, the investigation of foreclosure rescue-related scams, negative options, and credit repair scams. Upon leaving, Mr. Friedman received a memorialized recognition from then Attorney General, Bill McCollum.
- Florida – All State Courts
- California – All State Courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Memberships & Associations
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
- Society of American Magicians, Member
Articles & Publications
- Romano, John F. and Friedman, Corey B., Ten Reflections on the Backup Conspicuity Case, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, National Trial Lawyers’ Summit, January 2013.
- Friedman, Corey B., Submitted as: Deus ex Machina: eDiscovery and Covert Mobile Communications; Published as: Smart Devices and Our Ever-Increasing Addiction to Them; Southern Trial Lawyers Association (JUSTLAW), Vol. 5, Issue 2, Second Quarter 2013. Click here to view this article.
- Friedman, Corey B., Why the New Credit Card Settlement Might Grow Florida Businesses, Florida Bar Out of State Division, State-to-State, Spring 2013. Click here to view this article.
- Friedman, Corey B., The Dangers of Florida’s Fashionable Ban on Texting While Driving Law, F.S. 316.305 (2013), Southern Trial Lawyers Association (JUSTLAW), Vol. 5, Issue 3, Third Quarter 2013. Click here to view this article.
- Friedman, Corey B., Herman, Dustin B., Select Legal Concerns Regarding Social Media and The Workplace, Presented: 9/27/2013 – Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce. Click here to view this article.
Call Friedman Legal today at (888) 411-1677 to arrange your consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.